Monday 14 May 2012

Terrain is everything - Dawn of War Plasma Generator part 10

I've glued it together. I bit the bullet and just did it as I've so much on my plate at the moment I just want to feel like something is done and dusted but I don't know if you can see but something has changed since last we saw the Plasma Generator...



... do you notice just how big the air bubbles are at the top, compare them to the previous post and you willl see somehow the gel is evaporating and the hot melt glue seal isn't sufficient to prevent oxygen getting in.

 

I'm not sure what to do about it, I'm as surprised as you that it actually happened. The only silver lining is if I leave it upside down for long enough when we play I can leave it upright and the terrain actually moves throughout the game! Yeah, not much of a silver lining




3 comments:

  1. I can tell you that the same thing happens when you super glue led's in to the ends of the pens and that is what has mostly stopped me from finishing this project. Currently I am thinking about doing a 2ed and using wash or something to dye the insides of the pen with out being to solid. but same as you i have so much on my plate that it might be a bit before I get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you could basecoat the tubes and paint an effect on them? Or maybe you could use a clear resin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback, if only we'd known in advance.

    Snake88 the resin things a good idea. Alternatively coloured transparent acrylic rod in the centre of the tubes perhaps. Of course now I've glued it all together there's little scope to replace the tubes with 'full ones'.

    Meanwhile Avro Vulcan seems very upset with the naughty FRC, you wouldn't believe the message I got from the dead-drop ;)

    ReplyDelete